Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm so proud.

I'm watching the weather right now, and can you believe it? It is currently cooler in Houston than it is in parts of Canada! That is AWESOME. Next week's forcast has highs in the 80's. And, tomorrow's high is in the 70's. That makes me so happy! It feels like fall to me for the first time this year.

Besides feeling like fall in Houston, we had some other firsts in our little neck of the woods. For example, Julia had her first dentist appointment. She did not appreciate them taking x-rays of her teeth, so she fought and cried a little bit, but she got through and did great the rest of the time. I'm so proud. I watched the x-rays from the hallway, and was greatful that Lydia was keeping me too distracted to tear up very much while Julia was having a hard time. Julia was much calmer after the hygenist laid her back and she got to watch a princess movie.

Also on our list of firsts: Lydia sat on the potty chair long enough to tinkle in it. I don't think she acutally knew when it happened, but at least it did happen. I'm so proud. She's no where near potty trained, but I have confidence that she will learn quickly.
 Julia is getting really good at writing her letters. She has tried to copy letters before, but she usually gets frustrated and upset that the letters aren't turning out the way she expects them too. However, she has really improved the skill of manipulating a pen, and started drawing J's like crazy. This is also a first of sorts for her. I'm so proud.
Here is a close-up of the J's Julia drew.  Of course, I wrote the numbers at the top, and spelled her full name in the middle. I guess I'm doing a pretty good job manipulating the pen as well. Aren't you proud?
So, we had some new things happen last week, and I love that I have the oppurtunity to blog about them as a sort of a digital scrapbook. During these past few weeks, life seems sort of ho-hum during the week, and super packed and crazy during the weekend, but, big things are happening! My babies are growing before my eyes, and I love having the opportunity to watch them do just that. I don't know how things will change and develop for us in the next few weeks, months and years. But two things I know won't change. One: I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with such amazing kiddos. And two: I'm so proud. -Amber

4 comments:

  1. I remember when my kids were at this cute age and now my grandson, Elygah is writing his letters and his name (he'll be 4 the 22nd) It's neat that you can keep us up on your beautiful family this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a Child yes Amber I mean you, Julia and Lydia seem to mimic you and your sister in some ways and yet different in others. You are an amazing mom and I sometimes imagine I was that amazing thanks for being my child,it is sureal. Espicially when I am thanking God for my children. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia is so beautiful!!! Wow, she is really growing up. She doesn't look like a baby anymore. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber,
    This one was great as always! I look forward to reading your blogs b/c they are comical, yet so real! Your girls are so adorable & even as far away as you all are-I really feel like I know them! Also, I was at Ella's birthday party today, Grandma & I were talking about how we would love to come out & visit :) Now it's just a matter of finding a date that works for everyone! We'll see!
    Love Ya,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete