Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another Whirlwind Week

I'm very tired. Life is full to the brim and overflowing. Praise the Lord! Our week was full of the normal crazy that we typically experience Monday through Friday....work, commutes, packed lunches, school days, church, fun, chores, chaos and so on. One interesting highlight though:

On Tuesday I texted this to Dave after picking the girls up from school: "Evidently Julia proposed to Daniel today. Daniel Agreed."
One minute later I sent him this: "Oh wait. Bryce said that Julia sounds like Ariel when she sings. So she loves him. She might want to marry him, but she loves Daniel more. Fyi. (Oh my)"
Dave response: "We've got to talk to her about playing hard to get."
I wholeheartedly agree with him. Dave later explained to Julia that she has to ask her Dad before she can marry anyone, or ask them to marry her.

So, I'll tell a little more about our weekend. On Saturday morning, we went on a family walk and enjoyed each other's company. In the afternoon, Dave tutored, and we met up with him in Pearland at a park for a birthday party. The girls had tons of fun in the jump house and the playground. I went to HEB on the way home, and the girls went to bed shortly afterwards. Dave and I had a few hours left to put the finishing touches on the lesson that we were invited to substitute teach in our Sunday School class today. The topic we were asked to share about this morning was, "The Problems with Prayer; Why doesn't God Always Answer our Prayers?" This was the first time Dave and I tag team taught, and we truly enjoyed it. It was actually a lot of fun working with Dave on the material we planned to present, and after class, we received many encouraging comments. I hope we get the opportunity to do it again sometime.

The rest of our day was more typical Sunday stuff. I baked, Dave watched a lot of football, the girls and I napped, I did dishes, and Dave did some painting in our bathroom. All I need now is one more weekend, and then I think I'll be ready to start my week.

Before I go though, I'll leave you with this amazing C.S. Lewis quote we dissected during our class discussion time:

"Prayer is either a sheer illusion or a personal contact between embryonic, incomplete persons (ourselves) and the utterly concrete Person. Prayer in the sense of petition, asking for things, is a small part of it; confession and penitence are its threshold, adoration its sanctuary, the presence and vision and enjoyment of God its bread and the most important one--from that revelation."

God is good! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment