Monday, April 2, 2012

My Girls: Oh.my.

Julia calling out ,"Honey, Honey!"

Dave, "Are you talking to me?"

Julia, "Yes, you're the daddy and I'm trying to get our little girl to bed. I can't handle this. She's being naughty, and I need you to take over."

(Lydia was the baby laying in "her bed" in her closet.)



____

Me, "Lydia, did you have fun at Sunday School today? Did you you learn a lot?"

Lydia in a whiney voice, "Yes, but no one said my dress was pretty or that my make-up was pretty. And that makes me so sad!" (The girls get to wear lip gloss or chapstick to church.)

____

Either of the girls on any given day; "Moooom, she trupted me!"(trupted= interrupted)
____

Yesterday, after church, we rushed out to our car to get to our new townhome to follow the real estate agents to our land lord's house. After we met our sweet land lords, Dave and I raced to a nearby place to eat. It was about 2:00 and we were all starving- especially me. Once we went through the line to get our trays filled with plates and drinks, we looked around for a place to sit. As Lydia followed me, she decided to flip my skirt up in the middle of the restaurant. I don't think anyone saw anything, but like I said my hands were full! I squealed/yelled "NO!" as I looked back at Lydia while Dave dove to help me, even though his hands were also full. Luckily nothing fell off of our trays and shattered, but I did receive a very dirty look from a woman who had been getting herself a beverage, and saw no reason why I would be yelling at my three year old in the middle of the restaurant. I just looked away in shame, and tried not to cry out of pure embarrassment.

These are the days of our lives! What did Dave and I do for excitement before kids?

Our third daughter is shaping up to be as mischevious and strong-willed as our first two. She is very persistent and impatient, it seems. If she doesn't like something I am doing, she will push and kick harder than either of my other two girls ever did until I stop what I'm doing and/or change positions.

 Lord, despite this, please let this third child be compliant. Please! (I'm pretty sure our little Stewart household will not see a day without drama from now until 2052.)

My, oh My!! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment