Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lydia is 4!

Our sweet and ornery 2nd born is turning four today! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was lamenting over Julia turning four. But, now it's already Lydia's turn. Watching kids grow up is so wonderfully bittersweet.

I interviewed Lydia this morning. (Julia couldn't help but but in a little.)

Lydia is one of the funniest and spunkiest kids I know. About once a week she says, "When is Jesus going to come back down and give me my super powers so I can fly again?" It puts me at a loss for words every time. I have no idea what to tell her. Where she heard this or how she got this idea I'll probably never know.
Lydia LOVES her sisters. She somehow becomes a little buzzy bee every time I bring Saige around her. It's as if she buzzes around both my and Saige's heads, while planting little kisses all over the baby. I often have to ask her to back up and settle down. But, when it comes to holding the baby, a few seconds is all it takes for Lydia to be happy. So, I have to watch carefully to see if I need to catch the baby.
Today, we had a little family celebration for Lydia. Dave and I put balloons in the girls' room last night, and then we had mac and cheese, cake and ice cream for dinner-- Lydia's favorites. (We also had salad and sauteed veggies. I can't stomach just cheesy noodles and cake for dinner.) Then she received a card and a movie from Dave and I. We will celebrate her birth with a few of her friends next week. We decided to keep it small, so we've invited just a few girls to meet us at Build-a-Bear, to be followed by dessert. Our sweet girl has sure been celebrated already! Unbeknownst to us, we already had two other family celebrations while we were visiting family in Bartlesville and Branson. More details on our wonderful vacation are to follow...But for now, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYDIA! Mom, Dad and your sisters love you to the moon and back!
-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment