Sunday, October 7, 2012

School, Hair cuts and Birthday Party Pictures

Julia has adapted to going to school 5 days a week pretty well. She seems to obey her teacher pretty well, and she is making friends. My heart still breaks a little every day that she gets on the bus; I don't know if that will ever go away.
About a week and a half ago, I met Julia at school for lunch. She was so excited to see me, which I loved, and we had a great time. I got to meet some of her classmates, and she got to eat the cafeteria pizza. She has been begging to eat the cafeteria pizza. (Yuck.) As I sat there at the lunch table with her, and she fluttered around to say "hi" to all of her friends and teachers, I felt something I haven't felt very often lately. I felt shy. I was shy in my daughter's kindergarten class' cafeteria? Why? Was it just because I was at school? Will I always feel insecure just by being in a school cafeteria? I'm as perplexed as you probably are. I made myself engage in conversation with the Julia's teachers and classmates despite my feelings, but I don't know if I'll ever understand.
Last Thursday I got to go back up to the school again. I helped with the science lab where the kiddos learned about their 4 senses. All of the students got to taste: bitter unsweetened chocolate, a salty pretzel, a sugar cube, and a piece of lemon. I had such a great time with those kids! I wasn't shy at all! The experience reminded me of why I used to want to become a teacher. It was fun to watch the kids learn. Kindergartners are the best.
So, do you want to see something crazy?
Julia's hair before haircut


(Okay...my caption button stopped working...the above is Lydia's hair before she got her hair cut.)
Julia and Lydia both got 5 inches of hair cut off last week. The crazy thing is that you can hardly even tell that it was cut.
 
This is the after picture. Sometimes I just can't keep them from being completely goofy.
 
 
This is my beautiful baby Saige at a birthday party for the big girls.

 
This is Julia and Lydia at their sweet friend's sweet and sassy birthday party! What fun!
 
This is what's happening with the Stewart's! What's happening with you?
Thanks for reading, Amber
 
 


2 comments:

  1. julia & lydia's crazy amount of beautiful hair reminds me of elizabeth's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth does have beautiful hair!! Thank you for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete