Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween - Back-up Blog

We had a great Halloween! We have more candy than we could ever want, and some fun family time!
Pumpkin Patch at Cornerstone Christian Academy
The girls, Dave and I visited the pumpkin patch with a co-worker of mine and her son. It was actually nice and chilly that night. 

The cutest pumpkin in the patch
 On Halloween, I picked Julia up from school, and we drove to Dave's office. I wanted to go to meet his coworkers. The girls were interested in collecting candy.
Riding the Elevator
 I wanted to get a picture of the girls together before everything got started on Halloween, but we didn't. :( So, of course, things never slowed down enough that I got one of them all together...

I thought it was cute that we had a little group of insects for Halloween this year; Julia: lady bug, Lydia: butterfly, Saige: Bumble bee. However, Lydia was adamant that her costume represented a rainbow fairy, and not a butterfly. So, for Halloween, we only had two insects and one little rainbow fairy.
Daddy and his Bumble Bee
 After going to Dave's office, we all headed to First Fest at Houston's First Baptist Church. The girls sang with High Five Kids Choir, enjoyed games, and collected MORE candy.
Bull Riding Lydia

Bull Riding Julia

My girlies after trick-or-treating
After First Fest, Dave, Julia and Lydia came back and trick-or-treated for a few minutes. We laid the exhausted Miss Saige down, and I stayed home to pass out these candies:

Turns out there isn't as much community gathering as we had hoped in our townhouse neighborhood. But, we got the chance to pass out the rest of the candy at the bus stop in the mornings following Halloween.

Like I said, we had a great Halloween! Thanks for reading! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment