Thursday, March 20, 2014

North Dakota

Last month while I was in Mexico, Dave and I were waiting to hear more information about Dave's possible new job in North Dakota. Dave and I had prayed about it at length, and were pretty sure we were headed North. But, we were still waiting to hear for sure, and waiting can be nerve-racking nonetheless.

Being in Dickinson today to house hunt is surreal. I keep wondering if the girls will like it or not. I was pretty excited when the clouds spit a few snow flakes on us this afternoon, but other than that, I feel pretty apprehensive about all of it. Even though I've moved to different states a lot of times in my life, there are some things that remain the same....moving is hard. It's hard to leave friends and family behind. It's hard to get to know new people, and it's hard to try and figure out where you are going to live in a town where you know no one and nothing. (Plus, I've been cold all day. And tomorrow is going to be colder. It's also hard to acclimate from Houston weather to Dickinson weather.) So in order to make it, you have to trust. You have to trust a random relocation appointed real estate agent. You have to trust your spouse. And you have to trust God.

Trusting others and trusting God in hard situations is no profound idea. But today this blog is more a reminder for me than for anyone else. God is with us, so who can be against us? And, I am excited to go see houses tomorrow and hope to find one that I love. The Stewart bunch will be living in Dickinson in just 3 short weeks. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment