Monday, June 6, 2016

Our Big Weekend

My parents were here last weekend. We had a great time hanging out while they got to meet Evelyn! While they were here, Dave and I did some research on RV's and by the end of the week, in a whirlwind type fashion, Dave and I bought an old 1988 Sunview RV.  My Dad was very helpful in getting our RV looked over and checked out for the best quality old RV we could find. We've had this 28 foot monstrosity for only a few days, and Dave has already spent hours tinkering on it! The engine is sound, the upholstery is old, and the ideas in my head for updating it are swarming.

Part of the reason we purchased this RV is for summer fun, but we are also looking forward to taking it on a long, awesome, home school type road trip in the fall. We plan to travel North Dakota, to Minneapolis, to Chicago, to Cleveland, through Pennsylvania, to D.C., up to New York, and back through the great lakes, stopping at Niagara Falls on the way back. While we travel plan to follow the map of our trip, do school, play games, and NOT stop for bathroom and snack breaks on the way! We also plan to try Chicago style pizza, see the Great Lakes, learn more about the Amish communities in Pennsylvania,  see the National Monument, White House and other D.C. sights, eat a philly steak and cheese sandwich in Philadelphia, and visit Lady Liberty. I am so excited for this adventure!

Getting the RV now has turned out to be a good idea. (Thank you, Lord.) Dave needs time to get used to driving it, and it takes a while to figure out how all the parts and pieces of how one of these things works. Plus, we plan to camp one or a few times in it before we leave so that we can see just what we will need when we take it on a two-week extravaganza!
Those Curtains are Already Down
 Please excuse my jacket, baby blanket pile that looks like a cat perching on the couch.
Pull-Down Bed over Cabin


Main Living Space
Here are few inside pics of this slightly stinky, class A motor home. I kinda love it! My RV Pinterest board is growing by the minute!!!!!

Thanks for reading! Love, Amber

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought, "oh - they got a cat!" :)
    Sounds like fun. I miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too Christie! But, it should look even more awesome when you see it then it does now!

    Miss you too Lela!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so too Christie! But, it should look even more awesome when you see it then it does now!

    Miss you too Lela!!

    ReplyDelete