Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stewart Family Update

Well, our lives continue to change, and we continue to see God working in our day -to-day. The girls are growing, changing, and learning new things all the time, and Dave and I are too. (Just, in a different way.) I have gone to Beth Moore's Revelation Bible Study the last two weeks and have been amazed to find how much hope there is in the book of Revelation. I thought it would be a scary book to study, but it has actually been quite the opposite. I have loved the worship before the study starts. It's very different from what I have grown accustomed too.
Dave and Lydia went to First Baptist Church again last week, and we are feeling like this may be where God is directing us to attend. It is a huge church with great, loving people. Plus, Beth Moore goes there. - (Ha ha.)
Julia and I stayed home from church and slept. We were both sick and needed the rest. Julia's little bug went through her much quicker than mine has for me. I'm pretty sure we didn't have the same thing. I still had a soar throat today, but I found out that gum + diet coke + Bible study = feeling much better. I'll have to write that formula down and remember it!
After our much needed rest and recuperation, we decided to stick with our previous plans to go with our realtor and look at houses. Dave and the girls were going to stay home, but Julia was doing much better and hasn't had a problem since. Anyway, we put an offer on a home in Sienna Plantation. It is a great house that needs a little TLC. It may take us awhile to get into it, though, as it is a short sale (pre-foreclosure) home. I would like to be in it by Christmas, but I won't hold my breath. It'll probably be next year.
So, with a goal of where we want to live in mind, and our house under contract, Dave and I decided that the girls and I would travel with my parents (they are planning to visit this weekend) back to Bartlesville for a week to get the house entirely packed and loaded and have a garage sale. I never would have dreamed that the girls and I would do so much traveling without Dave...but it's just the way it has worked out. It isn't as bad as I would have thought. Plus, it makes us appreciate each other more.
Dave will be driving up October 3 to help us pack up the truck and get back to Houston. It'll be nice to see our Bartlesville home one last time.
I was just realizing tonight how orchestrated our lives have been. Dave and I never could have thought up this plan for our lives ourselves, but we are blessed to have a saviour who did it for us. We are thankful he got His plan through our thick heads.
We greatly miss all of our Bartlesville friends and family, but absense makes the heart grow fonder. :) I am excited to spend time with family this upcoming week, and maybe get a glimpse of some of our friends. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment