Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mr. Pleasterman

Well, it's October and Houston is hot! I just checked weather.com and it says that it is currently 82 in Houston but that it feels like 90. I just can't get over this! I find it sad and hilarious. I hope the pumpkins outside don't rot before halloween! At least I won't be craving chili or potato soup like I usually do. It doesn't feel like fall, but we'll do all the fun Fall things we can anyway. :)
Well, we are going to close on our Bartlesville home very soon. We have all of our stuff out of the house and it is ready for the new owners. I hope they love the house. I still do.
It feels good to have at least one more part of our move accomplished. This Friday, we are moving things into our duplex until we get the house in Sienna Plantation. (Still no word on that at all.)
So, Lydia has her 8th tooth and is working on her 9th and is currently whining and sitting on my arm and whining....now that she's had a short cuddle, maybe I can finish this post really fast. What a cute little munchkin!
Also, we have another funny story about Julia. Dave often meets me at First Baptist Church on Tuesday nights so that I can go to Beth Moore's Revelation Bible Study (amazing). He takes the kids home from there and I take his car home. So, last night Dave took the girls to the playground before it was time for them to leave. Julia didn't want to leave, so Dave said, see that policeman over there (directing traffic), let's go tell him what a great job he's doing. Julia was all for it. So, they loaded in the minivan. When they got to where the policeman was working, Dave rolled down Julia's window and Julia yelled, "Thank you for working so hard, Mr. Pleasterman". Dave said that the man was surprised and talked to Julia a little while until it was their turn to go. That was all the attention Julia needed. She continued to sing about how hard the "pleasterman" was working all through dinner. Dave videoed her on his phone, but it's hard to make out. Anyway, if there's any Pleastermen reading this, We thank you for your hard work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment