Tuesday, June 15, 2010

No News is Good News

At the risk of sounding whiney and disagreeable, I will inform all of you how last week was for us. It wasn't bad, really, there's were was just the usual post-vacation annoyances to deal with. Life was a little crunchier than we wanted for it to be last week. Here's to hoping this week is sweet and smooth!
Sorry, but I don't have any pics to share. I had a really cute video of Julia, but one day, in a spurt of stupidity, I gave the video camera to Lydia to watch a video on. Before I knew it, she had deleted the video, and replaced it with five 3-10 second silent videos of her feet. :(
Plus, I have completely and utterly lost my mind (a.k.a my planner). I didn't realize how much I depend on that silly thing. I had it the day we left on vacation, but haven't seen it since. I was debating about whether or not to bring it along, and now I have no earthly idea what my final decision was. For all I know it could be somewhere in Florida.
Hopefully, though, it is not in Florida. Hopefully it is hiding out somewhere with our phone charger that was DEFINITELY supposed to be in our luggage.
I finally started all the laundry 2 days ago (don't judge), but I am still not done. A week's worth of vacation laundry feels like so much more than a week's worth of regular laundry.
Also, Julia and Lydia, seem to the think that they magically turned into real princesses while they were at Disney World, and have been ordering me around like I am their royal attendant. But, we're working on that. :) Don't worry though, we haven't been TOO hard on them. We have chalked some of that up to tiredness, and over-exertion.--- I also realized at the end of last week that while I enjoyed being with my family for a week, that with the exception of Dave, I really needed a break from them! (They needed one from me too.)
Regardless of those things, we are so enjoying being home. I love to able to put the girls in their own room, instead of waiting for them to go to sleep in a hotel/cruise room. I'm also grateful to have regained access to our full-size fridge, and our own bathroom! I also enjoy being able to watch whatever I want without worrying about waking up the girls. I love our house!
We are glad to back in the swing of things, too. We missed our church friends and neighbors. We're glad to be back.
On a side note, I forgot to mention in my before posts how wonderful the staff on the cruise treated the girls. They were so kind and attentive to them. Dave and I were very sorry that we didn't get a picture of the man who managed the dining room. Through a series of events, Julia became convinced that he was the Ship's captain, and called him that. He tried to convince her that he wasn't driving the ship, at first, but then he went along with it, and answered to "Captain." He remembered the girls' names after meeting them once, always adding Princess to the beginning. No wonder they have a princess complex! They were wonderfully spoiled by the staff on our cruise! The princess lunch at Disney World was just pink icing on the fairy dusted, pink cake!
Well, I better get off of here, and get my game face on. I am going to try and convince Dave that we are having popcorn for dinner. :) Love ya, Amber

1 comment:

  1. i know that post-vacay feeling all too well. i am definitely copying you and calling life crunchy when it's not smooth. i'd never heard that and it's cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete