Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back-up blog: Amelia and Lydia's Visit

I have to do a little back-up blogging. We've been very busy, with a ton of fun stuff, and I don't want to miss archiving any of the things we did in the last few weeks.
Amelia and Lydia came a week ago Thursday, and left the following Monday. It was a whirlwind of a good time.

Amelia is a craft-loving, go-getter type of a gal, and I love it. She encouraged and helped us paint our dining room one of the days she was here. (Before and After pics are coming.) In order to get the girls out of the house while Amelia and I painted, Dave took the girls for a walk.
Isn't this a sight to behold? : You'll have to excuse the foggy picture. It's so stinkin' muggy in Houston that my camera clouds up from time to time.
The following pictures are of us hanging out with little Lydia. My girls practically mauled her on a daily basis. Poor thing! They loved her so much!!

On Saturday, we visited the beach. It was a fun day. Amelia was a little freaked out by all the sea creatures, but I think she and her little Lydia had a good time overall. I must say that there was a curiously large amount of sea schools swimming along the shore that day.
Like usual, Julia was in LOVE with the whole experience, and (my) Lydia was hesitant to even touch the water. But they, too, had a great time. Dave and I enjoyed ourselves as well. Julia and I were not quite ready to go as soon as everyone else, but that is usually the case as well.


We also found out that you can catch small crabs and shrimp by shaking a small bunch of seaweed over a container. I bet this little guy grows up to be delicious.Everyone took turns resting their skin under the shade of an extra-large umbrella. Below is an adorable picture of baby Lydia and Julia doing just that.After a lot of partying and playing, baby Lydia was too tired to fall asleep, so we all took turns holding and lulling her. I made Dave take a picture of me to prove my success in getting her to "sleep like a baby".
And, the last day, Amelia had the great idea to take a picture of her and I together. Thanks, Amelia! I don't always think of those type of things on my own.
Amelia, and Baby Lydia, thank you for coming. We love you so much!!! Love, the Stewart's

No comments:

Post a Comment