Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Comics

Happy Super Bowl EVERYONE! I hope that you all eat a lot of wonderful treats and enjoy a great game. Who's playing again? (Just kidding.)

I thought I would share some of the things my kiddos said this last week. I think my girls are hilarious. I guess you can judge for yourselves. :)

On Thursday after dance class, Julia saw a tall woman with a big fur coat on. Julia looked at her for awhile, and after the lady said hi, Julia said "You're big."
I tried to cover the flubber, but I don't think I did a good job. After we got in the car, I talked to her about telling women that they are big. We talked about how only men and kids like to be told that they are big. Women, not so much...
When we got home, Julia told Dave "You're big" right in the middle of one of his sentences. He was confused because he thought she was interjecting something into the conversation they were  having. I had to tell him about the previous conversation we had, and then he understood that she was giving him a heart-felt compliment.

That same evening, Julia told me on the way home, "In dance class, I thinked about you. It was wonderful. You're so wonderful." My heart melted.

On the way home from school Tuesday, Lydia and Julia were fighting. I told Julia to be kind, and I told Lydia to stop yelling YES over and over again. Lydia quietly said "ok, I won't yell yes. I'll just yell no."

On Thursday morning as I was doing Julia's hair for school, she said, "Mom, are you almost done with my hair? My legs are falling off."
"Why are your legs falling off, Julia?" I asked.
"Because I have to stand here so long while you're doing my hair. Are you almost done? My arms are breaking off."
"Julia, I say that my arms are breaking off when I am carrying something really heavy and I am trying to get you to hurry so that I can set the heavy thing down."
"Oh."

Dave and I have been telling the girls that we get to go to the super bowl party today. Julia asked me yesterday, "Mom are we still going to the bumble party?"
"You mean the super bowl party?"
"Oh, yea."

Lydia just keeps asking, "Are we going to my party, Mom?" We've corrected her a few time, but she's pretty sure the whole Super Bowl Party thing is in her honor!

Thanks for reading our Sunday Comics. Go Packers! Go Steelers! Go Packers a little tiny bit more than Steelers. Love ya all, Amber

1 comment:

  1. You have cute, funny kids. :) I love reading about them - isn't it amazing how quickly they grow?? So, when's number 3 coming? :)

    ReplyDelete