Thursday, November 17, 2011

I know I'm wierd,

But I'd rather....

...spend time with family in front of a glowing fireplace while sipping hot drinks while it snows outside than sit on a hot beach.

...talk on the phone than sit on facetime. Video talking is awesome when you want to see how kiddos are growing or how a house improvement is going, but just sitting, talking face to face with another adult is a tiny bit awkward. (Especially when there is a small video of you in the corner.) On a regular basis, I don't sit with my face super close to someone else's while we talk. It's also awkward if you can't stop checking out your complexion in the small side box.

...drink coffee from a small, locally owned coffeehouse than from a large franchise coffeehouse.

...be with family over the holidays than go to the bahamas or even Europe. I'd rather go to those places at some other time.

...put up Christmas decor too early than too late.

...have a ton of pretty sterling silver or costume jewelry than one small diamond necklace. (Not that it wouldn't be nice to have a diamond necklace someday!)

...read a good book than watch a scary movie.

...dance with my daughters than watch Dancing with the Stars.

...listen to Christmas music than just about any other music.

...have peace and quiet from time to time than constant noise/music/television. (This has definitely changed from when I was in highschool.)

...buy a house that needs paint and a little restoration than a house that needs no work at all.

...eat at home than eat fast food.

...have a sentimental Christmas with no gifts than get everything I've ever wanted and be alone.

...look out my window and see snowy mountain tops than just about any other landscape known to man.

...live in a small to medium size town than a huge metropolis.

...Dave be happy at his job than make a ton of money. 

...my kids memorize scripture than 100,000 facts about other things. (But my kids are smart. They'll probably be able to do both.)

...dream up fun adventures with my family than become bitter and crotchety.

...learn to let go and have a crazy-messy house than have my kids remember me as someone who cared more about having the house clean than about them. (But I can't wait 'til the girls start real chores start around here.)

...have spontaneous fun with family and friends than plan the rest of my life out. -- Even though I love a plan.

...experience life through the eyes of a child, than the way most adults do.

...lose some sleep than go several days with out a quiet time.

These are a few of my "I'd rathers" I'm sure there are more. But, right now, I'd rather get dinner on the table, and feel like a good wife than keep thinking of "I'd rathers". I would love to hear some of yours, though. I'm curious what yours are, even if they conflict with mine. Tootles, and Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! More holiday blogs to come! :) -Amber

1 comment:

  1. Great Post, babe! Very candid.
    I'd rather spend time with my family than go work out. I'd rather be a friend than be funny. I'm sure there's more.

    ReplyDelete