Thursday, November 3, 2011

Costumes, Candy and Chaos

This weekend was filled with fun and craziness. We were "busy bees", and I have the pictures to prove it! We went to a birthday party and a block party on Saturday. We went to church on Sunday, and then to First Fest followed by Trick-or-Treating on Monday.

I didn't buy costumes this year. I actually had some stowed away. I think most of them were given to us by people whose kids had grown out of them, but I'd totally forgotten I had them. I laid out what we had, and let the girls choose.

My Bumble Bee and My Hula Dancer

Bumbelicious!

Luau Ready!

A friend's birthday party on Saturday
 So there's a story that goes with that pinata picture. (Don't worry, the little boy is not injured. He was moved before Julia started swinging.) Julia went first to hit the pinata because she was outside, and ready to whack the cute little Minnie face. (She went without a blind fold the first time.) So, she hit the pinata, and it broke. They taped the pinata up with all the candy back inside because no one else had a chance to go, not even the little birthday girl. Julia was dieing to go again but, I kept telling her she needed to wait until last. They let her go before the two older girls got a chance to go though, and even blindfolded, she whacked the pinata and broke it open again. I felt bad that not everyone got to go before the candy was spilled. :( Maybe I should get her in t-ball?
This was at our neighborhood block party.


A bumble bee with her glow stick.
 Lydia won best costume in her age group at the block party. Julia, of course, was in Lydia's age group, and did not win. This brought Julia to tears, but she got over it pretty quickly. I tried to encourage her to be happy for her sister when she wins, but I think in the end, it was the bajillionith peice of candy that someone at the party offered to her that made her feel better.
My girls on Sunday- goin' to Church!

Petting Zoo at First Fest
 First Fest is our Church's outreach on Halloween. There is so much to do, and it's tons of fun. There is a preschool area, inflatables, food, pony rides, live music, and obviously, a petting zoo.

I'm not sure if it's 'cause she didn't win at the block party or what, but Julia decided to switch to an OU cheerleader for Monday's fun.


Julia got to sing with her little choir at First Fest. Julia kept telling me, "Mom, on Halloween, we have to be at First Fest at 5:00." If she told me once, she told me 1,000 times! The choir was so cute and did such a great job.

Lydia can't wait to be in choir next year, and loves the choir teacher, Miss Star, almost as much as Julia does. Tonight, we were eating dinner at our church cafeteria, and Lydia said, "Mom, that's Miss Star! HAAAAA, she eats too?" Miss Star is definitely celebrity status to my little ones!

I hope that you all had a fun and safe Halloween, whether you stayed in, dressed up, or partied 'til the cows came home. Enjoy whatever candy came your way.

Blessings, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment