Friday, December 16, 2011

Party Animals

I promise I'm not already taking maternity leave from my blog...I just have so much going on. :)
The first Christmas we were here in Houston, I was very sad because we only had one Christmas party to attend--after Christmas. But, God has definitely multiplied our blessings! We've already been to 3 Christmas Parties, and we have one on this Saturday. We even missed one of the Christmas parties because of our crazy schedule. :( We were sad to miss.
The first year we moved here, Julia didn't have a birthday party because we still didn't really no one. This year, while Julia had a very low key party, I still planned one. And, when it comes to any five-year-old's birthday party's, there is never a lack of things to do- no matter how low key you desire to keep it.
The girls also got to party for Christmas at school. Their party was Thursday. When I picked the girls up from their classes, Lydia said, "Mommy, I got a cookie today!", and Julia said in a dreamy voice, "Oh, I had the BEST day." What uplifting comments! (Especially when a majority of the comments coming from my 5 and 3 year-old these days are anything but uplifting.)
I also got to attend a fun little party with my co-workers where we exchanged gifts and ate goodies.
Dave's office decided to stop having parties. (Which isn't too dissapointing. This was the party that we attended 2 years ago and it was very strange.)
Anyway, the moral of this story is: I am so, so thankful that God blessed us with opportunity to know wonderful people and party with them. (Even when my party animal ways is another thing that keeps me from writing on my blog.) Happy Christmas parties to all of you! Merry Christmas! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment