Sunday, December 18, 2011

Visiting Santa

We visited Santa today. We go to an unconvential place to visit him because the lines are short, and because they have a letter writing station and a lot of other things to see. We go to Bass Pro Shops. The girls call it "the fishy store".
Before church this morning

Watching the fish and eating some cookies from church

Santa!
 Lydia decided she didn't want to smile for the picture. I have no idea why. The girls told Santa they want baby princesses for Christmas. (Duh! I already knew that.) Santa told the girls he has a bag of them, so he'll be bringing them one. --Good thing they didn't request ponies.


Making Papa Proud

Making Papa Proud - 2

The girls told me that the Santa they visited today was the real Santa.-- I only wish I'd taken a turn on his lap. How on earth is going to know what I want?
Merry Christmas, Amber

1 comment:

  1. You can sit on my lap :) When Julia asked "Is that the real Santa?" I couldn't lie to her, so I did the responsible adult thing and passed the buck to big guy with the beard. "Why don't you ask him?" So the first words out of Julia's mouth once on Santa's lap were "Are you the real Santa?" He couldn't lie to her, so he did the responsible adult thing, answered with another question. "Do I look like the real Santa?" Horray for smart dads and smarter Santas. We once again protected the magic of Christmas. And I'm not lying.

    ReplyDelete