Thursday, February 9, 2012

March Madness

Well friends, Dave and I have some news to share. Dave is getting a new job in North Houston, and we will be putting our house on the market the first of March. When Dave first started hunting out new jobs, we really felt a simultaneous call to be involved in some sort of marraige ministry. We don't feel called to do that full-time, but we know that it will soon be a big part of our lives. As we searched God, and tried to figure out what he had for us with this marraige ministry calling, Dave and I really thought that moving back to Bartlesville would be a possibility. We didn't really want to share this plan right away because we knew that it would mean a big change for us, new jobs, and a move.
However, last month an ex-coworker, Alex, asked Dave to go to lunch with him, and Dave agreed. When they went, Alex shared with Dave the vision of the company that he had helped start, and asked Dave if he might be interested in looking at an opening that their company had available. Dave and I prayed about this, and we decided that it would be wise for him to pursue this offer.
Long story short, Dave went through the interview process, and got the job. God defintily opened the door for Dave to get this new job. He will start on March 1st. I am very excited for him, but am also overwhelmed by what the next few weeks look like for us. Because Dave's new office will be 50 miles north of our house, we will be moving to an apartment/condo. -- Looks like I'll be packing while 7-8 months pregnant, again. But, I've decided to take this adventure one day at a time, and it has helped give me tremendous peace.
We've talked to Julia and Lydia before about what it would be like to move from our current home in the last few months. They were very excited when they thought we would be moving back to Bartlesville because Granny lives there. (They ask often if we can move in with Granny, Mimi and Papa or Grandpa Dan. They miss seeing their grandparents regularly.) But, when we talked about the move again tonight, Julia was very sad. She expressed her love for our house, and told us she really didn't want to leave. As Dave and I were reassuring her, she asked, "Can I at least keep my baby dolls?" When we told her we were taking most of our stuff with us, she was a lot more at ease. (Both girls are really excited that we will live closer to church friends, as are Dave and I. --I can't wait for us to be able to travel 10-15 mins to church instead of the 35 mins to an hour it takes to get there now.)
So 2012 holds a lot in store for us; a new baby, a new home; a new job for Dave, kindergarten for Julia (we have no idea where) and a new sense of following where the Lord leads despite our previous understanding of His calling. Dave and I still feel called to be involved in marriage ministry, and hope to do so at our wonderful Houston church. How that will look, we don't know. But we will stick to God's journey for us.
I am also still trying to understand what I will do for my job after the baby is here. I don't know if being strictly stay-at-home is the best plan for me, but I can't even imagine what my life is going to look like in a few months. Everytime I try, I lose a lot of sleep. In fact, I was woken up this morning at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I did take a nap after work and after I picked my darlin's up from school. But, I was a very tired momma today.
Anyway, thanks for reading my post today. I appreciate any prayers you might be able to say for us. For the next few weeks, we will be painting, fixing and working to get our house on the market the beginning of March. One. day. at. a. time.

Blessings to you, Amber

1 comment: