Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Markers

Tomorrow is the big day! Floor Installment day! I've been working on laundry and packing up all day since our washer and dryer have to move to the garage, and we don't want extra stuff on the floor when the installers come. Dave is figuring out the best way to get the fridge to the garage right now, and I wish I could help more, but I have to sit down and take breaks or my back starts spasming. (Excuses, excuses!)
So, since I'm sitting, I thought I would tell a story on my ornery second born, Lydia. She found some permanent markers on the floor (the ones we use for writing on boxes) and decided to color with them. She covered her hands and wrote on one of her books with them, and then she went after the carpet. The spot she actually drew on isn't very big- but it still is permanent marker on carpet! I almost decided not to get on to her since the carpet will be completely gone by this weekend, but I realized I better have a talk with her and instill some discipline because despite the circumstances, she still broke our "only write on paper" rule. Actually, she broke it 3 times. Well, 4; she did get a line of the marker on our ottoman, but I think I mostly got it out.-- Good thing we have microfiber furniture.
Anyway, our garage is almost half full of boxes from the stuff in our closets and other junk we don't use much. How embarrassing. We have too much stuff!!!! We may have to get a storage unit this weekend just to get some of that junk out of there before the house goes on the market. Our realtor scheduled our photos for Monday at 4:30. So, that's our new deadline. Lord Jesus, help us! We will have a lot of cleaning and preparing to do this weekend.
Blessings, Amber

1 comment:

  1. Blessings sweet people my prayers are with you! Love you mom

    ReplyDelete