Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happenings

I've been in a funk lately. Dave has been working like a mad person, and I've been trying to catch up with everything else we have going on. I will finish my real estate training program this coming week, and I am really, really looking forward to helping some clients of my own buy or sell their homes. I have learned so many things about being a good agent and providing good customer service as an agent that I am finally becoming less scared and more excited about the whole thing.

This week, we plan to have some awesome friends over for dinner. I always look forward to having people over, but I think that inviting friends over in advance is almost harder than just having an impromptu visit. I re-plan the "menu" about one hundred times. And, I get a little worked up about getting the house perfectly cleaned. But, in end the end, I'm always so grateful for time with friends.

Speaking of cleaning...on Saturday, we went to a few garage sales near our house. We bought a mini-trampoline for $5. We've been wanting one of those for the kids for awhile because it's a great way for them to burn some of that pent up energy of theirs. However, we found out when we got it home and the girls started jumping on it, that it must have lived outside for awhile. Leaves and dirt that were once stuck in the trampoline's springs littered our rented carpet. Dave got out the vaccuum to get the dirt sucked up, and Julia immediately asked, "Are we having friends over?" It's a good thing we have friends over semi-often. Otherwise, we'd probably never vaccuum.

After the garage sales on Saturday, our family tried out a new gym. They have a lot of stuff for the kiddos to do, and an awesome work out facility. I'd like to start going to a gym to get some different exercises in besides jogging, but I definitely don't enjoy going to the gym for the treadmills. I hate jogging on treadmills. The numbers on the huge machine stare at you, gauging your rate of success (or failure). It's depressing. Plus, I much prefer looking at homes, landscaping and birds while exercising than jogging in place watching dumb music videos portraying imfamous teenagers laying on top of each other while singing for 30-45 minutes. But, that's just me.

In October, Dave and I plan to run our first 5K together. We really don't know how the logistics of this will work out since we have 3 kids, and we probably won't be able to push them all in strollers during the jog. We'll see how it works out.

This is the second Sunday in a row that Dave has had to open his laptop right after we get home from lunch and work all afternoon and evening. This is a big reason why I've been a bit funky. Family time is so important to me! So, in an attempt to keep from being very irritable, I took the three girls for a very short walk this evening. The girls skipped, hopped, jumped and ran. Lydia even pretended to fish. When she "caught" one, I asked her if she planned to eat it. Her response went like this: "No, it doesn't have any chicken in it. It's a pretty fish with long eye lashes and butterflies on it's sides, so I'm going to put in the fish tank and watch it swim." Okay.

Sweet Saige is doing really great. She can roll from front to back, and will get to start having rice cereal next week. I can't believe she is already old enough to start solids! She is still the happiest baby I know. I love her.

Thanks for reading an update on our lives. Next time I get on here, I plan to be as happy as a clam and funk-free. I also hope to have a real estate client! Here's to hopin'! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment