Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seeing the World at Sea World - Day 2

So, I did not plan on taking over a week to write this post, but, oh well.  Late is better than never, I suppose!
 
The second day at Sea World was also my 30th birthday. We watched more shows, fed the dolphins, rode rides and then left a little early to go eat at a restaurant. Here are some of the pictures from our fun day.
 
Julia feeding and petting a dolphin

Lydia petting and feeding the dolphin

Sesame Street 3d Movie
 This movie was interesting. Right after it started, the characters on the movie said that it might be a little scary for really little kiddos. I hoped that wouldn't apply to my kids, but unfortunately it did. About half way through, Julia took off her glasses and wanted to sit with me after the seats started rumbling. Lydia freaked out and started crying when she got squirted in the face and the "wind" started blowing. We made it through the whole short film, but the girls were both unhappy afterwards. Lydia kept telling Dave that he was wrong, that she did NOT love the movie, and that she never wanted to see it again.

But, the next show we went to was great! I loved it. It was a play involving seals, an otter, a walrus and two trainers. There were a lot of funny parts and the animals were very well trained. We didn't get sprayed at this show; to Julia's dismay and Lydia's delight. But, some people did.
Trainer/Acturess voluntarily getting "spit" on by a huge tusked animal. She deserves every penny she makes.

Mr. walrus waving goodbye

This is the Sesame street show that my girls loved.

Sweet Saige being a great trooper!

 
I was missing Houston food when it came time to find a restaurant on the evening of my birthday. We went to a mexican restaurant, and the service was pretty bad. The food was okay, the manager apologized, and the wait staff did sing "Happy Birthday" to me. Regardless of that, I had a great time because Team Stewart was all together. And, I am extremely thankful to have these wonderful family memories.
Next week, Dave turns 33. We will not be going out of town, or spending time at any amusement parks, but we will be going to a restaurant and celebrating Dave as much as we can. I'm looking forward to it!
 
Blessings to all of you, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment