Monday, February 4, 2013

A New Year!

I've obviously fallen behind on blogging...but I have a goal to do better the rest of 2013!
Our year started out with a bang! We came back from Wyoming, then traveled to Muskogee for Stewart Christmas. We had a wonderful and very quick visit.
Dave and Saige at Stewart Christmas

Julia eating just crackers when there is a vast array of delicious foods = her new norm.

Lydia opening her new bowling ball and pins at Stewart Christmas. She plays with it all the time.

Also in January, Ruth and Don came for a short visit and Dan and Christie also stopped by for a weekend. All 5 of us love having family in town. Thank you all for coming.

Saige is amazing us as she is only 9 months old but is practicing walking. She pulls up on everything she can. She loves applesauce and smashed bananas. She can wave, and she just started clapping yesterday. She says "Momma, Dada, Bye-bye, uh-oh, baby and ba-ba (for bottle). She is a lover of people- just like her sisters. She loves to suck her little thumb at bed times, and the way she pulls her little blanket to her face while sucking her thumb is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Lydia is getting to be such a big kid and is so anxious to start school. Having Saige around makes me remember how little Lydia still was when we moved to Houston. She was only 13 months old at the time! She had the cutest little natural bob then. Now she has pretty much dropped her naps and keeps asking me when summer is because she can't wait for her birthday, swimming and summertime. You never know what hilarious random thing she'll say or do next. Keeping up with her wears me plumb out.

Julia is having tons of fun at school. I still think 5 days a week for a kinder is too much, but she is adjusting well. She loves when I come volunteer at her at school so I do that as often as I can. I got to go with her class to the zoo this last Friday. What fun! I loved seeing her with her classmates. She is so outgoing, energetic and overly-confident. She is also very helpful at home these days.

Dave and are still hanging in there. We love our crazy, hectic, and fun-filled lives. We are planning a getaway to Maine this summer. It's an eleven-year anniversary trip because we celebrated our tenth anniversary just 3 days after having Saige was born. I am so excited to go on a vacation with my hubby, but already a little sad to leave my girls. It's the great dichotomy of motherhood! I can't live with my kids, but I most definitely can't live without them!


Viewing the seals at the Houston Zoo

The cutest little prairie dog ever
Petting Zoo

The lovely Stewart girls in mid January
Thanks for reading y'all! Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment