Monday, July 21, 2014

School. What do you think?

As an update to some of my previous posts, I wanted you all to know that we are still gardening and composting. We harvested 3 more heads of broccoli, and are seeing the brussel sprouts starting to bud up with little brussels. There are several tomatoes that are still green, but should be red soon. I've pretty much used up all of my cilantro, but my basil and mint are still going strong. The jalepenos are flowering and getting ready to produce as well. Gardening is such a neat resource for teaching my girls about the way things grow. I'm so thankful to get to have the time to teach them about it.

Teaching my girls is something that I love to do, and something that I have considered doing full time. But teaching the girls all day everyday is also overwhelming. Dave and I plan to start a pros/cons list for public school versus homeschooling. We will let you all know what we decide. If any of you have pointers for me, please feel free to comment. I'd love to take your comment into consideration on this huge decision for next school year.

Pros
More time with our girls
Sleeping later in the mornings and not having morning rush hour at our house
Work at my girls' pace
Not packing lunches
Forming relationships with other home school moms
More time to teach my girls cooking and other things besides just Math and English
Bible lessons
More flexibility in vacationing

Cons
Less "Mommy" time
More brain power, creativity and energy required from me
Potential crazy cabin fever
Finding something to occupy Saige during "class" time
Needing to designate a place for homeschooling curriculum and materials
Less time to clean and organize at home
Less time to work on projects I'd like to work on

Y'all, this is me, re-purposing my blog in order to get some feedback from you. This blog is not just about me sharing my thoughts and feelings, but it is also to connect with and learn from you!

Thanks for checking in today.
Blessings, Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment