Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's the Holiday Season!

At least as far as I'm concerned!!! I know some of you are about to hate me a lot right now, but I can't help myself!! I love all things fall, winter and holiday!

August is when it all starts for me. My birthday is on the 24th, Dave's is on September 13th, and my siblings' birthday's are also in September. Then there is my father-in-law's birthday, and my Dad's birthday, with Halloween smack dab in the middle. Then it's turkey time and CHRISTMAS!! Julia's birthday is right in between Thanksgiving and Christmas too! I've already started the annoying habit of humming and singing Christmas songs. Don't you miss it people? It's been 8 months already. My kids like it at least. :)

I think Julia is going to grow up to be just like me in this area. (I am sure it has nothing to do with my influence over her.) Julia and I went to Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. We were absolutely giddy over all the Christmas decorations that are already out. We sauntered into the fall aisles as well, and I loved picturing our family celebrating Thanksgiving in our new home. The scent of the cinnamon candles almost put me over the top! I actually had to hold back tears. I am so excited!

I am excited to let my girls help me decorate the house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am excited to trim the tree as a family. I am excited for my girls to get to meet their new baby cousin, Josiah Paul Hazelet. I am excited to pretend like it is cold outside and drink hot cocoa or hot apple cider together. I am excited to light a fire in the fire place, even if it's unnecessary. I am excited to listen to Julia and Lydia play with their fisher-price nativity scene, talking about baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the others. I am excited to see my family at Thanksgiving, and Dave's family at Christmas. I am excited to kiss Dave underneath the mistletoe, visit mall Santa's, eat turkey, listen to Christmas songs sung by Bing Crosby, and watch old Christmas movies. I am excited to attend holiday parties and church gatherings. I am just so excited!

I think this year is even more meaningful to me because last year was so hard. Thankfully, it was not near as bad as I thought it was at the time. I was just depressed about our new location, and, needless to say, that can really put a downer on things. I had a hard time choosing joy. I had to really gear myself up for the holidays instead of anticipate them with giddyness like I usually do. So, this year I am going to make up for last year's lack of enthusiasm. And, I think I am going to start NOW! Sorry, if you have to endure any of my holiday humming when it is still 100 degrees outside. Love, Amber

2 comments:

  1. Did you get a Prozac prescription? :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I love the holiday season too!!!! I'm the same way!!! I will Christmas carol with you in August!

    ReplyDelete