Saturday, August 21, 2010

Josiah Paul Hazelet

Josiah, my nephew, was born at 7.78 pounds and 20 inches on August 20, 2010. I now have some pictures of him to share.

My sister was in labor for 6 hours, which is pretty fast for a first-time birth, and Aubrey and Josiah are doing well. Aubrey did have some issues after she had Josiah...she passed out twice from standing-up, but the nurses are keeping a close eye on her and she has vowed to stop acting up.

Look at him sleeping. I bet he never cries. I am not sure what sort of meds the nurse is giving him here. Maybe they administer sleep medication these days.

Doesn't Josiah look cute all rolled up like a burrito in this photo?

I wish I could hold him!


Maybe Josiah will be a good-sleeper like his mom.





I have a very similar picture of Andy holding Julia. It is sort of surreal to me (and probably also to him) that he has a baby of his own now. Andy's already started changing diapers -- two thumbs up, Andy Dad!

In just two weeks from today, I get to go visit this little family of three and wish them congratulations on Josiah's very, very first birthday. I can't wait to get to hold that little bundle of joy! Unfortunately Dave and the girls won't get to come with me this time, but the Hazelet's will be visiting us for Thanksgiving, so my family will get to see him pretty soon. I will miss my girls and Dave so much, but in the same breath, I will relish the four days of vacation from my two little preschoolers. I know I'll be smiling and crying as I am whisked away in an airplane. It'll definitley be bittersweet, but I am hoping it will be positive for all of us.
Anyway, It hadn't occured to me until just now that I've never really pictured how little Josiah would look after he was ushered into this new world. But as you can see, God gave him a cute little crop of hair and a precious little face. I can't believe that my baby sister just had a baby!

And now, we'll enlighten you with a word from our sponsors


Thanks so much for reading about my very new nephew. Lots of love, Aunt Amber

P.S. Andy, I still need some pictures of Aubrey!! Thanks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment