Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stewart Weekly

So, our lives are pretty boring right now. Sorry blogworld...I just don't have a lot to offer. But, what I do have to offer, I will gladly share.

Stewart Weekly News:

I love Francine Rivers' books. I am reading the Mark of the Lion Series for the third time, and I still can't put it down. I love all of her brilliant, well-written novels!

I finished the first book a few days ago, and have been so disappointed in realizing what I already knew to be true. The second book of the trilogy has gone missing from my personal library. I think I loaned it out a year or two ago. I checked to see if our local public library had it, and they do, but I was something like fourth in line to put it on hold. So, then, I got the bright idea to get it from our church library. But, the library was closed when we were there on Wednesday night. How disappointing! I decided to be patient until Sunday. However, that idea didn't last long, and, I got the idea of talking my sweet husband into swinging by the library today to check-it-out for me. (Yes, I am that obsessive.) He told me that it was just not possible for him to leave work during the day (even during lunch break) to run an errand because things have been too stressful at work. Poor Dave...he has been working so hard. Poor me...having to take the advice I give my daughters daily about having discipline and patience.

Lo and behold, Dave surprised me when he got home with the book from the church library. It was extremely nice of him to go out of his way to run by the church to grab it for me! I have no idea why I am not reading it RIGHT NOW; except that, I am already in the fourth chapter and I know what happens next, and it makes me sad.

Dave and I are going to take our turn in leading our small group this upcoming fall. I am excited that we are because that will force me to be even more involved and get to know the wonderful ladies in our small group better. I'm not really a shy person, per-se, but it does take me a little while to get warmed-up. Dave will love the teaching aspect of leading (but finding the time to prepare will be the tricky part). We probably won't have additional homework in comparison to our other group members, but we will have to be much more diligent about actually finishing the "homework assignments" than we have been. It will be a revitalizing challenge for us both.

The girls and I plan on attending MOPS again this year. I am so looking forward to it! Please hold while I double check what day that starts!

We went to a birthday party tonight for one of our little neighbor boys. He turned 9 this week, but he still counts our girls as some of his good friends. The girls got to break open a pinata, eat pizza and cake, swim in a kiddie pool, and splash on a water slide. Dave and I got to eat some delicious, traditional Mexican food for dinner, (including cactus) while we were immersed in a different culture, and language, and watched our girls have a great time. They had such a good time, in fact, that we were met with great opposition from them when it was time to go home. Bummer!

A lady from my community's online women's group emailed me today about getting together next week for a play date. I don't know her or her 3.5 year-old twin girls from Adam (or Eve) , but I am so excited to make her acquaintance. I would love for us to have some more friendships blossom right here in our own 'hood.

Meeting new people, grasping for friendships in a humongous city, learning about other cultures, and watching my kiddos grow, these are the things I will remember when I am old. I am so thankful for each and every memory we are making. I know that when I think back on these times, they will seem as sweet as honey. I am so thankful that God knows more about me than I do. I am here for Him and by Him, and, I'll do the best I can to bring Him the glory He deserves while I'm on this earth. Although, I know that I will grossly underestimate how wonderful, powerful, wise and holy God is, I'll do the best I can to bring Him glory and strive to teach my kids to do the same. At least, that's something to keep on prayin' for.

Well, I guess that's about it for this time. I'm not sure how I got where I ended up, but I'm glad that my ramblings ended on a positive note! Love to you all, Amber

1 comment: