Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Bucket List.

Ok, people. I figure nothing gives you motivation like a list you put on the internet for the world to see. Hopefully, posting my bucket list on here will get me working towards getting this stuff done. I mean, I only have about 100 more years to live, right? Right!

1. Go on a Disney cruise in Alaska with my hubby and my kids.

2. Take Dave, and possibly my girls, fishing for Red Salmon.

3. Learn to play the piano.

4. Speak spanish fluently.

5. Paint more pictures that I frame and hang in my home. --Paint another mural.

6. Teach my kids to memorize scripture, and use it in their day-to-day lives.

7. Own my own small business: I would either like to own a sterling silver jewelry store or I'd like to have a crew of people that work with me to help me flip houses.It changes by the day.

8. Memorize a chapter of the Bible.

9. Become more like Jesus. (First on the list: Be more gracious, generous, and selfless.)

10. Design a room that is not in my own house.

11. Get my real estate license.

12. Run a half-marathon--hopefully at Disney World.

13. Spend a day or two in the wilderness (in a cabin) by myself. Not because I'm mad or unhappy...but just to experience creation in all it's glory with no one else but The Creator.

14. Get in the habit of talking to my syblings and cousins on a regular basis.

15. Have a home that my kids feel comfortable and happy to bring their friends to when they are teenagers-- not because of the size or design of our home, but because I am welcoming and kind to them and their friends.

16. Get an Xbox 360 with Kinect.

17. Do a better job at sending thank you cards, birthday cards, and "I'm thinking about you" cards.

18. Go on a second honeymoon with Dave.

19. Get an R.V. and use it!

20. Keep my fingernails manicured better.

I know some of these things seem intangible or abstact (which will annoy my husband greatly), but they're my goals, and I like them. And, as life goes on, I expect for some of my goals to change- but that's okay too. What is your list of buckets?  Happy Week! -Amber

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome bucket list. I wish I had one - maybe you'll inspire me to do that!

    Regarding #8... this summer we had a man visit church and speak the message. He recited Matthew 5-7, the Sermon on the Mount. It was AMAZING. At first I just kept waiting for him to finish, but then as he kept going I started to really experience it as though I were in the crowd listening to Jesus.

    All this to say, I'd like to memorize that myself... it was so powerful.

    But I'm busy changing diapers right now instead of memorizing scripture!

    Love to hear about your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read your list! You have a cute blog! Thanks so much for your comment. -Amber

    ReplyDelete