Monday, March 14, 2011

Swamplands

Last weekend, and the first part of the week, Dave, the girls and I went to Louisiana to visit my parents, my maternal Grandma, two of my aunts and my cousin, Hayden. I am very glad that we got to see family and it was nice for my girls to get to know their Great Grandma, Great Aunts and 2nd cousin better. However, to be very honest the trip did not go quite as planned. We were very sad when rain canceled the Kids Mardi Gras Parade and the King Cake Party. We were not free to tromp around and "play" like we had hoped to, and the girls got a little cantankerous due to confinement. But, even though the rain made for some dreary days, we celebrated Louisiana the best we could regardless of the weather. We had a shrimp/craw fish boil. We visited the swamplands of Louisiana. I got to sing for a special at church with my aunt and mom, while my grandma played the piano. There were definitely some fun times despite the dreariness. Here are a few of the shots I snapped while we were there:

(Disclaimer: I do not have very many pictures of people on this post, and that makes me extremely sad. I brought both of my cameras on this trip, but one of them had dead batteries, and no memory card, and the other one had a full memory card with pictures that I needed to put on our computer. sigh.) 


Lydia in all her cuteness!

I wanted to take pictures of the rest of us at the swamp, and we used my parent's camera to do just that, but we haven't gotten them from my parents yet, and it's been way too long since I posted anything on my blog. So, I just wanted to get what I have on here, and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to add the rest later. --Don't forget to wear green this Thursday for St. Patty's Day!! I wouldn't want any of you getting pinched! Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment