Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Housekeeping"

Praise the Lord, it's finally raining! I am so glad. After having one hot day after the other, I am thoroughly enjoying, this dark, rainy day. Thank you Lord for the rain! Our little garden was so dehydrated.
This last weekend was crazy busy for the four of us. We spent some wonderful time with our friends who are moving to Seattle (tear), had a garage sale with them, visited the fire station near our house, went to church, and went swimming on Sunday evening. Because of all of that, I miserably failed to get our Father's day cards out for Father's day. I have the cards, and still plan to send them, but they were accidently left at a friends house, and we haven't had the opportunity to run by and pick them up yet. But, to Papa, Grandpa Dan and Papa Don, Happy Belated Father's Day!!! We all love you very much. (At least I was successful in handing Dave his card.)

To Dave: Thanks for being a great Father to our girls and a wonderful husband to me. I couldn't do this crazy thing called life without you! I love you, Happy Father's day, again.

To Mom: Happy, happy, happy, happy  Birthday!! Enjoy getting your nails done and going to Lafeyette to eat with Dad. Love you!!

To add to next month's craziness, I am feverishly planning a strawberry shortcake pool party for my youngest daughter who is turning the ripe old age of 3. She's so big! I can't wait to celebrate my little shortcake.
In other news, Julia read her first two words last week!!!! Dave practiced the word exit with her, and two days later, she read it right off of an EXIT sign. She also sounded-out the word book two days later. That girl is going to be reading to us in no time!! I can't wait to catch her reading to Lydia in a moment of sweet sisterhood. How cute. I just love my crazy kids.
Well, I guess I'm going to sign off for now. Could this post be anymore random? Please have a very safe and fantastic Fourth of July!! Independently, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment