Sunday, June 12, 2011

Life is Good.

No news is good news, right? I don't have much to say today, but I don't want to lag behind on blogging. So, here goes....

We have been working hard, and staying busy lately. The girls are enjoying their summer babysitter, and I am happy to have someone coming to my home to watch my girlies. I love not having to rip them out of their peaceful dream states in the morning so that I can get them to school on time. I just let them eat their breakfasts leisurely in their pajamas or sleep in. It's like the good old days.
Dave and I are contemplating a lot right now, but have decided to lay low and see what God has in store. We have been thinking about moving into Sugar Land next year. It seems really crazy to me that we are even considering this option as we've only been in our beautiful, much loved home and neighborhood for a year and a half. But, the long haul to work and church is definitely taking a toll on us. Dave may have the opportunity to teach a Sunday School class starting in the fall, so we would love to be able to get to church, work and the girls school in less than 30 minutes. We'll see.
Changing Sunday School classes so that Dave can teach would be hard and sad, but I am totally excited to support him if he does get to teach. I know he grows so much from lesson preparation, and I love to see him fulfilled in that way. But, if he does teach, it'll be a balancing act for us all. I don't know when he'll fit the lesson preperation in. Maybe he can do it while the rest of us are sleeping. He slept WAY too much in highschool and college anyway.
I am amazed to see how the girls are growing and changing. Julia is becoming such a big girl and understanding concepts that little toddlers don't really get. It's so wonderful to see her little mind work.
Julia and Lydia fight a lot these days. They fight over toys and over invisible objects and about what the other one is saying about them. If you are riding in the car with us, you'll often hear:
"Mooommm, Lydia/Julia is saying I'm naughty, but I'm not naughty. I'm nice!"
Lydia is getting big too. She is saying new things and just as spunky as her sister. She is struggling a lot with contentment these days though. She has hit a whiney stage in the last two weeks that is about to drive me nutty. But hopefully she'll snap out of it soon. She'll be 3 years-old in a month!!! Boohoo, hoo, hoo.
We hope to make it to the beach this summer, play a lot in the pool and have tons of family time. Next weekend, I've scheduled for us to tour our local fire station. Julia hasn't let me forget about it since I mentioned the idea to her a few months ago. I am definitely looking forward to that, as well as, celebrating Independence day and Lydia's 3rd Birthday in July. I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I love Summer!!!
-Amber

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying the lazy days of summer! Moving... I know you'll make the right choice. I'm still waiting to unpack so my opinion is that right now it's awful! :) Thanks for your encouraging words over the past weeks, and your prayers. I really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete