Monday, July 11, 2011

My Little Lydia

Woe is me. My Lyd turns 3!

6 months old, and very smiley.
Tomorrow, our youngest little girl, the baby of our family, our little Lyddie Lou turns 3 years old!! How did this happen? How does time fly so quickly? Where has the time gone? I'm sad, I'm excited, and I'm thankful.


Baby Food firsts
 Lydia is our spunky little second born. She has a sweet heart and a very strong will. She has surprised us in so many ways!
Surprise # 1- God planned for her to come a little sooner than Dave and I had planned.
Surprise # 2- I thought second borns were compliant. I didn't know you could have two super strong willed kids right in a row.
Surprise # 3- She has an onry streak that isn't shy.
Suprise # 4- She's not afraid to jump off of any single piece of furniture that we own, but the least of villains will make her turn her head from a t.v. show, while telling us she can't watch.
Surprise # 5- She's not platinum blonde. (I thought my kids would at least start out blonde.)
Clean baby. She was fresh out of the bath in this pic.
 Lydia truly is a comedian. She is quick to laugh, and picks up quickly on what other's find funny. One of my favorite things about Lydia has always been her laugh. One of my other favorite things about her is her reaction to exciting news. Whenever something strikes her fancy, she pumps her fists straight up in the air, throws her head back and bellows, "Yeah!!!" It makes you want to join her in her victory.
This was our first Houston Halloween. Lydia was a little over one.

Lydia looks so different from when we first ventured to Houston. Look at her little bob.
Beautiful little Lydia has the best hair! Her hair is thicker than mine, and still has a curl on the end. I still haven't had to start using conditioner on her hair. After bath, it brushes easily. It's just not prone to tangles. 
This picture was taken last week. Her favorite princess was Snow White up until a few weeks ago. Now there's a tie for favorite between Snow white and Ariel.

As bittersweet as it is to watch my girlies grow up, I am super excited about celebrating them. Tomorrow is going to be so fun! First, Lydia will wake up to balloons in her room and some birthday decorations in the dining room. Dave and I are staying home a little later than normal to start the day off with Lydia's breakfast of choice: Pancakes. We'll also let her open a few presents and put on a birthday dress. For dinner, Dave, the girls and I will enjoy Lydia's favorite foods: mac n cheese and cake. After dinner we'll be headed to Toys r us so that Lydia can spend some of her "hard-earned" birthday money. This weekend, we are having a small get-together/party to celebrate her 3rd birthday. We've only invited a few friends, so I hope that some of them are available to come and help us celebrate my little Lydia. She is such a blessing to us.

Dear Lydia,
I love you to the moon and back!!
Love, Mom

Thanks for reading, Amber

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe that she is already 3. You're right, time does fly.

    ReplyDelete