Thursday, July 7, 2011

Princessy Princesses

Thanks to pandora.com I'm writing this post to the much loved Lion King Song, "Hakuna Matata". This song came on in the midst of our Disney Princess songs. Sometimes, the girls and I get the desire to listen to princess songs while we do our regular afternoon activities. (Our  afternoons duties usually consist of royal obligations anyway.) For example, before dinner we painted our royal finger nails a very princess pink. Then, while I was making the royal dinner (fit for a King and Queen) I heard Julia and Lydia playing. It was very dramatic and went something like this:

Lydia: "Goodbye!"
Julia: "But, wait,  I don't even know your name!"while looking earnestly at the fleeing princess. As she walked away, Julia said, "Whoever's foot fits this shoe is the girl I'll marry...."

We also do a lot of dress-up.
Julia, the Princess Bride

Lydia as Princess Snow White
Sometimes after dinner, we have a royal ball to the royal music. But, tonight, I think that as queen of the castle, I am going to demand that everyone gets there full amount of beauty rest. That means these royals will be going to bed a little early tonight. So, I'm off to do some royal clean-up, get my two princess in their pajamas, and make sure there are no peas under their mattresses. Royally yours, Queen Amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment