Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Stewart Weekly - Funnies

Summer has been flying by for us! (It seems like it has been for everyone.) In the midst of the "organized" chaos, our girls have had some pretty hilarious things to say. Here are a few of the tidbits:

Me: "We're going to a birthday party today at a pool."
Julia: "Which pool is it, Mommy?"
Me: "Well, it's a pool in Greatwood."
Julia: "What? That sounds creepy!"
Me: "No, it's not creepy, it's just not in our neighborhood."

A few hours or so later we were at Target, getting a birthday present.

Julia to  Lydia: "Lydia, we're going to a birthday party at a pool in Sweet Cheese!"
Me, laughing: "What? No. It's called Greatwood."

We are working with Lydia and Julia on staying in bed after we put them there. (They prefer to sneak out of bed and play, get a drink, look at a book or what-have-you. ) So, while Dave was reinforcing the stay in bed rule a few nights ago, Lydia piped up, "Daddy, I promise I'll stay in bed."
Dave: "You do, Lydia? Thank you."
Lydia: "Daddy, I promise, my promise."
Dave: "Okay, good. Thank you...."

On our way to church on Sunday, We drove by a "No Parking sign". We drive by it every Sunday, so I don't really pay much attention anymore, but Julia did. She said, "Hey, why are there no P's allowed on that sign?"

I'm working with Lydia on pronouncing her R's correctly. So, today, when she was talking about her woom, I corrected her and said, "RRRRoom. Can you say that, Lydia"
"Puh, Puh, woom."
(Sometimes she gets the reason for my correction mixed up. She decided to add the random letter P to the beginning of the word.)
I explained it a little more to her, so she tried again: "Ewwwwoom!" Afterward, she smiled so big, knowing what a good job she'd done, so, of course, I congratulated her on a job well done.

Last Funny for tonight:
On our way home from the party tonight, Julia and Lydia were bombarding us with questions.
"Can I have some water?"
"Can I have some more peanuts?"
"Can you put the lid on my water?"
"Can you take this?"
"Can I have more to eat when I get home?"
"Can we listen to music?"

Dave and I decided to give it right back to them. After a few measley come back questions, Julia yelled over us. "Hey, we're the kids!" I guess in her mind, kids get ask for a billion things at once and parents get to role with the punches. Interesting.

Thanks for reading! Tata for now! -Amber

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope they left something funny to say for when we come to visit. Pops and I cannot wait!! Love you all mom-mimi

    ReplyDelete