Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthday Week

I had a fan-tabulous birthday week with my family! My family came and went all last week. On my birthday, my dad, sister, nephew and the four of us were all here. The adults, except for me, made a wonderful (and high calorie) breakfast and dinner for my 29th birthday. It was a great day of hanging out, and enjoying one another. (One of the best presents: everyone went to HEB and left me alone to read while the 6 of them got groceries for dinner and a delicious chocolate HEB cake.) That evening, Dave and my dad put the girls to bed while Aubrey, Josiah and I went to church to practice for church on Sunday. (I really like our singing group, and didn't want to miss it, even on my birthday.)
On Thursday, my sis, Aubrey, my nephew, Josiah, and I got to shop all day while my girlies were in school and my dad stayed home to work on his sermon for Sunday. It was amazing! After we picked the littles up from school, we ran a few more errands and than came home. We had a nice dinner (I was back in the kitchen for this one) and then we hung around with one another. Nice.
On Thursday night, my mom and brother arrived. Friday night, my parents took us out for Indian food for my birthday and I got to open a few presents. Saturday morning, my dad went home in time to prepare for Sunday, and my mom and brother stayed until Sunday afternoon. It was nice to have most of my family come to church with us. (My sister even got to sing in choir with me.)
The only sad parts of the week: my mom, sister and nephew got sick from the yucky Houston air, my girls were crazy giddy and over-excited the whole week and acted slightly unruly, and my brother-in-law, Andy, couldn't make it to the "family reunion" for my birthday.
Overall, though, the week was delightful. --Pictures are to follow!!!-- Thanks for all of you who also wished me a happy birthday, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment