Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Pregnancy Promulgation

(To those of you who have had kids, or would like to know what it's like to be pregnant, this blog may be slightly interesting. To the rest of you; sorry.)

Why is it when you're pregnant that you are continuously starving? And, although you are hungry NOTHING sounds good!? Tonight, I decided that the only thing that sounded good to me was chili. Luckily I had some ground turkey, canned tomatoes and kidney beans, among the other required chili ingredients. I quickly chopped the onions and garlic and got them cooking. But once the turkey was in the the pan with the aromatics, the idea of eating chili sounded dis-gust-ing. I ate a few bites of it with the fam, but then I had to take two tums and lay down.

There is such urgency with pregnancy! Like: "I need a chicken sandwich, NOW!" and then two seconds later, "The smell of a chicken sandwich is going to make me ralph!" Last night, after church, I couldn't wait until the kids were fully calmed down before I headed down the stairs to my own bed. I felt like if I didn't go to sleep with in a matter of minutes, that I was going to be sick. And then this morning, I went to brush my teeth. After my morning quiet time, brushing my teeth was all of the sudden "an immediate need". As I gagged and choked while brushing, my stomach started growling ravenously. (As if the simple act of cleaning my teeth was a full-body workout.) But, since food sounded gross, I waited a little while to toast my english muffin for breakfast. That was not a good idea....

Since this is my third pregnancy, my clothes are already fitting tightly on my abdomen. I'm not to the point yet where I can wear clothes that tent open at the middle, but I know I'm gonna need to do something soon. I sure do wish that they made pregnancy clothes for your first, second and third trimester. --Instead of just clothes for the "about to pop" pregnant belly.

Also, if you didn' t already know this, pregnancy can turn anyone into the biggest airhead known to man (or woman)! Thankfully, I have a very understanding boss! Being pregnant causes the worst case of foggy headed adhd imaginable (minus the hyper activity, of course). I walk around work feeling groggy, with the overall goal of obtaining a little bit of focus. Some moments are better than others. (Usually in the good moments, I am focused on running to the restroom.) And then to top it all off, I can't have hardly any caffiene! That's a real kick in the pants! I mean what's a girl to do? I guess, I'll just take it one foggy day at a time....

Anyway, all in all, pregancy is great. It's just so wierd to me that it's sorta fun to talk about. --It's a miraculous phenomenon. If any of you have any crazy pregnancy stories, I'm momentarily in the mood to hear them! So, bring it on!

Lovingly, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment