Sunday, June 24, 2012

Add it to the List!

Every weekend starts with a laundry list of things I'd like to get done. But, at the end of every weekend, our house just looks crazier and messier instead of fresh, clean, and ready for a new week. Inevitably "life" happens, and I end up cleaning the house from the weekend, not during the weekend. Of course, we always strive to have quality family time on the weekends...I just also always hope that some of the boxes in the dining room get unpacked, that some of our pictures get hung, and that Saige's room gets closer to getting put together....but it doesn't happen. Instead, we have half the laundry done, piles of folded clothes on the couch, dishes in the sink, and toys strewn all over the house. Please tell me this happens to other people too!
On Friday, I got the okay from my doctor to lift and workout again. (So, hopefully I will be able to get some of the things on my laundry list done without my sweet hubby's help.) I am gradually starting to run again, and it feels great. My legs are already soar from the last two evenings. I can also lift my two big girlies up again, and that is such a blessing. Tonight, my girls played at a neighbors house for a few minutes, and when I went to get them, I picked Lydia up and swung her onto my hip. Lydia sat there for a few minutes, and then said, "Mommy, you can hold me again?" Our neighbor got a real kick out of Lydia's concern for me. (Julia asked me a similar question at church this morning.) -- My girls can be so sweet.
Speaking of sweet, Saige is totally in love with her sisters. I have never seen a baby smile so much. This afternoon, Julia woke up from her nap and came downstairs to check in with us. I was nursing the baby and Dave was laying down for a catnap.(The poor guy has had to work from home again this weekend.) We were all in our bed, so Julia came and got in bed with us. I laid Saige down on our bed, so that she could see me and Julia and so we could talk to her. Julia immediately started being silly. While Julia made wierd noises, accompanied by weird hand gestures, Saige looked at her, wide eyed and very confused. The look Saige gave Julia cracked Julia up, which cracked Saige up. Saige was smiling and cooing with such sweetness, Julia was laughing hysterically, and I was completely on cloud 9. I desperately felt the need to wake Dave from his beauty rest to enjoy the moment with us. (He beamed proudly and then went right back into slumber-mode.) I just can't get enough of a smiling 6 week old. But, 5-year-olds with a belly laugh are quite a hoot as well. What can I say, I'm enthralled with my daughters! I thank God for my amazing blessings!
So, I guess this weekend, we pretty much got nothing done but make some great memories, and enjoy each other's company. I would say that that makes for the best kind of weekend-- the list can wait....
Blessings to you and yours, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment