Friday, June 8, 2012

Bonding

Sweet Saige is one month old today! I can hardly believe it. It feels like time is inching by, but it's already been one whole month since I was in the hospital, being pumped with tons of fluid, asking the Lord for strength and grace in the delivery of my third daughter. Crazy.

Since the day I had Saige, I've been wanting to get on here and blog about it. But, with a broken laptop, blogging has been a lot harder. Thankfully I have a loaner I'm typing on now. Anyway...

When my older girlies were born, I had really great experiences with a great doctor and wonderful nurses. Delivering in Texas is good too, but it is definitely a different experience. I loved my obgyn here in Houston, and I loved the doctors she worked with. Most things with the hospital was very similar to delivering in Bartlesville. The hospital required pre-registration, the nurses asked tons of questions, and the experience was overall very nice. The biggest difference I found with delivering in Texas (Sugar Land to be exact) was that immediately after delivering Saige, the nurses plopped her on my chest with all of her goo and stuff all over her. With Julia and Lydia, the nurses held the baby up for me to see them, and then whisked them away to clean them up and get their footprints and shots. I finally got to see both of my older girls about 15-20 minutes after they were born. I loved meeting them for the first time, and I was glad to see them with all their goo gone.
However, this time, when they plopped Saige on me, I looked directly at her. Our eyes met and I felt such extraordinary love for her. We bonded immediately and I was surprised by the emotion and excitement of it all. (First I gasped with emotion, and then I thought, "She looks like Julia. Wait, she's bluish. That's normal right?") Then the nurses took Saige, and I was amazed by the experience. As they cleaned her up, and did their regular nurse stuff, I realized why it took me a few days to bond with my older daughters. Although I always loved my other girls, I didn't feel an immediate connection with them. But, with Saige, I FELT that she was mine, and it made me feel great. So, now I'm all for having my recently delivered baby's plopped on me, goo and all. What a sweet experience!
I'll never forget the day that any of my girls were born, but I'll especially remember the sweet connection I had with baby Saige on the day of her birth. And, I will always thank the Lord for it.

Here are the pictures of my sweet girls on Saige's 1 month birthday:
Lydia and Saige-- Lyd has some brownie and little booboo around her mouth. :)
Saigie and Julia
Baby in her bassinet
Sweet girl enjoying her boppy while her sisters watched a movie and ate popcorn
Life is definitely busy as Dave and I raise our three girls. But we are enjoying the moments that will hopefully become forever memories immensely. Tonight, the girls, and Dave and I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory after eating a meal from some friends from church. It's been a sweet evening, and a great opportunity for me to finally get some blogging done. Thanks for reading. Blessings, Amber

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet, Amber! It made me remember my first moments with Annabeth. After they gave her to me, I watched her open her eyes for the first time. She was purple and, as I held her, her skin turned beautiful pink. What a beautiful gift! Saige is precious. I hope to get to meet her sometime. Much love!

    ReplyDelete