Saturday, April 10, 2010

Deal or No Deal

I thought that craigslist was my best friend because we found our guest bed, and our oven on there for a great price!!! (The quilt is one my Grandma made...I plan to put it back into safe keeping and buy an adorable comforter for this bed soon. It would just take one toddler + sucker mis-hap and this senitmental piece of art would be ruined forever!)Come to find out....Sienna Plantation Community Garage Sales are much friendlier. Here is a picture of our new headboard and footboard. I would love to add some pillows to the bed to dress it up but...all in good time. Also, the wall behind the bed is not blue. It's white. (It will be grey someday.) I had no idea I had the photography skills of turning walls different colors. Here is my new jewelery case holder. The lady had the original receipt from Bombay saying that this thing cost her like $300 dollars. I paid $40. See what I mean? S.P. Garage Sales = my new BFF!


Also, we are well on our way to stocking the second guest bedroom/future nursery/Andy & Aubrey's bedroom when they come to visit over Thanksgiving. This is a day bed with a trundle. Hopefully it will be a nice shade of silver the next time you see it. (Unless somebody gives me an awesome idea for an alternate shade.)



Here is the changing table we bought:


I have two kids and I never had a real-life changing table!! I could have like 4 more kids now! Ha! Below is a picture of our new crib...for our future kid...for when Andy and Aubrey come...I am not currently expecting.

Anyway, can you believe all the furniture we got? All this, and it rained most of the morning!! This was only a few short hours of deals. Good thing it wasn't sunny the whole day!!
I am so excited about what we got! But there are probably those of you who helped us move, who are reading this and thinking, "I can not believe they bought more furniture". We had plenty of stuff to move in as it was! Don't worry, angelic moving-crew, we plan to stay here a long, long time. Isn't that a good deal? -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment