Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter!

Easter Sunday was good and very busy. I sang with our church choir, so the 4 of us were at the church for the first two church services, and, I went back to the church for the evening service. Dave took these pictures of our cuties before church, while I was hurriedly fixing my hair and slapping on some make-up. The girls look so cute!!! I think they look like they are playing dress-up. and another one...
just one more...



I tried to get a few outdoors pics after church. I thought I could get in one with the girls by the flowers we planted or something. (I decided to stop being absent in all photographed family events.) But, that wasn't happening. Here are a few pictures after church...


The girls were tired and hungry. They had a snack on the way home, but the peanut butter cracker snack did not turn these girls' frowns upside down.




One last attempt before running in to fix Easter lunch...


We had a good and tiring Easter Sunday. It was a joy to me to get to sing praise songs 3 times on Sunday. But, I would have loved more time with family on this special day. We didn't get to spend a lot of time doing egg hunts, talking about Jesus, and reading the Easter story. But, I am thankful that we took the time to do these things on the days leading up to Easter.

Here is a picture of the lemon poppyseed pound cake I made for dessert. It was delicious, and I still have one or two pieces left.

Please come on over, and finish it off!!! Love, Amber





1 comment: