Monday, April 12, 2010

A Nephew

Aubrey and Andy found out today that they are having a baby boy. I am going to have to look through some of my stuff and see what is gender neutral. I just don't have a lot of boy stuff to pass on...(Sorry I can't plan a baby shower, Aubrey!! I assume your Wyoming girls will take good care of that though.)
In all the excitement around here in talking about Andy and Aubrey's baby, Julia has started voicing her opinion that she wants another baby sister. (She was actually dissapointed about Andy and Aubrey having a boy. She was really counting on another female cousin.) Dave and I are trying to convince her that it would be really great if she had a baby brother next. She evidently doesn't mind having a brother...she just wants another baby sister too. She's also convinced herself that babies are about 2 inches long when born.
Dave and I asked Julia what she would name her baby sister if she had another one. She ended up with the name: Rininino (pronounced like rhino with an extra ni in the middle.) I told her it might not be such a good name because the baby would be born with a complex.
Anyway, our family is enjoying the idea of having baby Zachariah here for Thanksgiving (as well as the rest of the clan)! I can't believe I'm going to have a nephew! That's definitely an exciting first for me!
In other news, Lydia is sort of counting now. I tried to get it recorded several times, but everytime we pull out the camera, Lydia rushes to see the screen so she can watch it. I wish I had a discreet camera attached to me that I could turn on and off at will. I don't want to forget any of these sweet little memories that just can not be recreated by the time the camera comes out.
Thanks for reading! Love, Amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment