Wednesday, September 1, 2010

That's My Story...and I'm Sticking to It.

We got to go to MOPS this morning. It was so nice to be back. The girls seemed to enjoy themselves. And, I KNOW I did. I packed lunches for both of them to bring to their classrooms, and Julia was adamant about carrying her lunch box into her class. I think it made her feel big, like she was in school. My friend, Sarah is Julia's teacher this year. "And that makes my heart feel super happy!" (quoting Kai-Lan from Ni Hao, Kai-Lan) And in addition to those tid-bits, I am really looking forward to the next meeting because Annalee, our group discussion leader, will be back.
On Saturday, I am leaving to visit my sister, my brother-in-law and my nephew. I am flying up there, and then riding back with my parents to Bartlesville over the course of 1.5 days. We will be staying one night in Topeka to see my Grandpa who is turning 90 on February 20th of next year. Dave and the girls will be meeting me in Bartlesville on the 9th of September, and he and I will be attending my 10 year class reunion. I'm sure I will be so anxious to see my wonderful husband and sweet kids again! My parents will head back to Louisiana to get everything together by church on Sunday, and Dave and I will stay in Bartlesville, enjoying reunion festivities until Sunday and then we will travel back to H-town.

I have already packed the girls bag for their Bartlesville trip, and have picked out their clothes for this coming Sunday. I still have to write everything in my brain on to paper in an attempt to make Dave's single-parenting time with the girls seem as smooth and seemless as possible. I haven't packed anything for myself yet, but I did decide to bring one black sweater so far. Ha! I figure I need to start rummaging through my winter gear because after spending the last year in Houston, Wyoming is going to feel like the North Pole. I really don't want to think about what I am going to wear to the reunion. You know how reunions are....I'm guessing I'll either have the time of my life, or an experience that feels like the biggest nightmare I've had since high school it's self!

On Friday, we will have faster internet!!! Yeah!! (Too bad I will only get to enjoy it for one day before I leave!) Currently, we have THE SLOWEST internet available. But in exchange for faster internet, we have to give up dvr and all of our good channels for basic cable. Boo. It will be hard, but I figure the girls and I will get movies to watch from the library and hopefully watch less t.v. all together. On the bright side, maybe the phrase I quoted earlier from Ni Hao Kai-lan will stop popping into my head every single time I think of something exciting to write. Maybe I'll read some biographies during the girls' naptime instead of droning out to whatever is on HGTV. (I've been inspired to read a biography on Deitrich Bonhoeffer from the LPM blog.) Maybe this will make our daily lives even better...who knows?

Anyway, thanks for reading my blog posts and putting up with my quirks. I'm not really sure why I got so link happy today...but, just for your information, you all are the best! Love, Amber

3 comments:

  1. man i missed you guys today!! i hope you have a wonderful trip. so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this to Julia, and she wanted me to say "Mommy, I love you. 1:22. And I love all of you. I love you, Julia and Daddy and Lydia" Great post, I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amber I love to read your blogs all the time!

    ReplyDelete