Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Fall, Ya'll!

In Wyoming, it feels like fall. The air is crisp and cool. The tree leaves are turning the beautiful colors of autumn. It wouldn't feel weird to eat chili for dinner. It feels like fall.

Houston does not feel like fall until December. Last year we carved a pumpkin, but we had to wait until the last minute to carve and put it outside. The poor thing just cooks out there in the warm, autumn Houston sun. Maybe this year, I'll bring the pumpkin in during the day so that it won't rot immediately...

But, I digress. I got on the computer tonight to blog about the wonderful time we are having so far at the Hazelet's. I got some fun pictures of Josiah that I plan to post when I get back home. We made plans for the week of Thanksgiving and drew names for who we are going to buy gifts for at our Christmas celebration in November. We got to hold and help take care of Josiah. We enjoyed the autumn air. It's been great.

Tomorrow we leave to see my Grandpa in Topeka. He is turning 90 this February. I am so sad to leave this sweet family of three, but so glad to be one day closer to seeing my Grandpa, my husband, and my girls. Well, I better get to going. I need to hold Josiah one more time before he goes to bed. Love ya'll! Happy Fall. -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment