Saturday, November 20, 2010

Girl's Night

Dave went camping last night with the other men in our Bible Study group. Evidently, they ate a lot of meat, shot some guns, slept on the ground, and had a lot of fun. All that to say, the girls and I stayed here, and did girly stuff. I made a wonderful dinner for us, and then we watched Cinderella while eating ice cream. We also made those three videos in my previous post. I'd planned on painting our finger nails too, but we didn't get to that. I decided not to mention it as an option.

I got the girls down on time, and sat down to relax. I stayed up way to late doing nothing on the couch, and then Lydia woke up at 5:15a.m. I got her laid back down and re-quieted, and then Julia woke up in a state of panic because she had to go to the bathroom at 5:30. I laid her back down just wishing and hoping she would go back to sleep. I came down to bed, and tried to sleep myself, but Julia was in bed with me before I could reunite with the Mr. Sandman at 6:20. Lyd was down at 6:40. And then, our day began. I really don't understand why my girls won't sleep sometimes.

I got up and made myself some coffee and the girls breakfast. We went to some garage sales, and then came home to play awhile. The girls and I had lunch next. With their lunch, they had milk. With my lunch, I had coffee. Then I laid the girls down. They didn't go to sleep as quickly as I thought they would with such an early rise, but they were both conked out by 1:15. I was thinking they were going to sleep forever, that I would have to wake them up, because they were sleeping too long, or something like that. No dice. Julia took a little over an hour nap. Lydia's was longer, but not by much. I barely had time to catch up on my emails.

But, with all that being said, the girls and I really enjoyed each other's company. We had a great time. And by the way, I didn't coax them to sing for those videos at all. They kept asking if they could sing more. They're just my little divas! Dave finally arrived home at 4:30 and we all took a walk before dinner. The girls are in bed now, and I am thinking that going to bed soon is a good idea for me. Praise the Lord that his mercies are new every morning! Peace out. -Amber

P.S. I am so excited that we will have our first wave of family members arriving on Monday. All four of us Stewarts are so anxious and impatient to see you three Hazelet's!!! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment