Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gobble, Gobble.

I'm sad that I haven't gotten a chance to get on here sooner. Thanksgiving has long come and gone. It feels like this blog is out of date already, but I have two really good excuses. 1st excuse: Dave had our computer out of commission for several days. 2nd excuse: I am still enjoying family, and haven't had a lot of time to sit down lately. Andy, Aubrey and Josiah got to fly in the Monday before Thanksgiving. Andy flew out last Monday, but Aubrey and Josiah are still here!! Isn't that fun? I'm so glad they got to stay.
In addition to my sister and her family being here for Thanksgiving, my parents and brother got to come as well. I am so glad that they all got to be here. We have done Christmas with my family on Thanksgiving for the last few years, and this year was no exception. Thursday, Thanksgiving Day: eat a lot of wonderful food. Friday after Thanksgiving: open presents and decorate for Christmas. It's great.
I have a few pictures of the cute cousins:
Bath time.

 Time for a walk.

 Time to cook.
We deemed Wednesday as baking day. This is how it started.

This was one of the results of baking day.

 This is what our turkey soaked in Wednesday night.

 
 Here is what the turkey looked like after it had been soaked all night and baked for 4.5 hours.

 Hors de oeuvres
Basically this could have been our lunch.
Family Time!
Starting on the right, you can see Aunt Aubrey's head, then Julia's, Baby Josiah, then Lydie Lou, and Uncle Andy. Isn't pre-bed time one of the best times?
Baby Jo.

For some reason, I didn't get a lot of pictures of us opening presents, but I did get this one of Julia with her new Cinderella play set. She looks like she is underwhelmed by her present. But, in acuality, she was just underwhelmed by me telling her to take a picture before I opened it for her. She kept saying, "I love it, I love my Cinderella." Her discolored lips are thanks to the m&m's she got to eat during the entire gift giving extravaganza.

Also during the last week, we went black Friday shopping, went to church, visited a favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, and got pictures taken by my friend, Sarah Craig. Her business is called Fish Lips Photography, and she's awesome. Click on her name for a sneek peek. 

I hope to update more later! Thanks for reading ya'll. Love ya! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment