Saturday, December 25, 2010

Awww.....Christmas

I love my family. I love Christmas. Today is great. Daniel, Xiaolan, Ruth and Don are here spending Christmas with us this year. I miss my family, but I am enjoying time with Dave's family just as much. Last night we read the Christmas story, left cookies and milk for Santa, had the girls write letters to Santa, let the girls open one present, attended an awesome Christmas Eve service, had meatball soup and biscuits with family and shared previous Christmas memories with one another. After the girls went to bed, the adults watched "A Christmas Story". What a blessing Christmas Eve was.

This morning, we slowly and leisurely unveiled the items in our stockings, ate breakfast casserole, opened presents, listened to Christmas music, ate candy and enjoyed each other's company. I've already snoozed, and the girls are now snoozing. Since it cooled off last night, I hope that Dave will light a fire soon. We plan to eat steak and shrimp scampi among other things this evening. It's been a nice Christmas. I love all my gifts!! Thanks, family. Thank you, Lord!!!

I hope to get the girls to write a letter to Jesus today, continue to celebrate the fact that we are commemorating His birth, and maybe go for a walk. It might also be nice to shower sometime too.....

But for now, even though it's long, I'd like to share Julia's letter to Santa with you:

Dear Santa, How have you been? Have you had a nice summer? How has it been? I've been extra good this week. Did you make sure Jesus' lives in your heart? I'd like you to tell your mommy that you have your milk..--Your mommy, Mrs. Claus. Ever so quick, hurry there's a monster! I want you to please sing songs. I want you to sing songs and play. I love you so much, that I wanted you to come here and have cookies. Love, Julia


Dear Mrs.Claus, I hope you be so kind to Santa Claus. I hope that you can bring presents. I really want a baby with blonde hair. I wanted you to do something that is so kind. Say "Dear Santa Claus, how have you been?" I want you to bring lots of presents for my mom and Aunt Xiaolan, and Uncle Daniel and to my daddy and Granny and Papa Don and every one in the whole land who talks. But not everyone that doesn't talk. I love you. Goodbye, Julia.

And Lydia's letter:

Dear Santa, Do you talk to God? Oooh! Eeee! Love, Lydia

(I don't know where they get this stuff!!!!)

We have been blessed to attend a lot of Christmas parties this year, and have enjoyed this wonderful, busy December. I need to get a lot of pictures on here soon from this month, but I'm not sure it will be today. I would love to hear how your December went. Merry, merry, merry Christmas!!! Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment