Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In Love with Jesus

Dave and I took Julia to see our church Christmas production on Sunday. Julia loved it and did a pretty good job paying attention the whole time. (Little Lyddie isn't quite old enough to come, so she had to go to child care.) The musical started out with an act featuring toy characters, and Santa--who came flying in from the balcony at one point in the show. It was very exciting. Next, the choir sang some wonderful Christmas songs with beautiful solos and the kids choir accompanying at one time. The last act of the show portrayed Jesus' life from infant hood to death on the cross, and then resurrection from the grave. There were angels on cables hanging from the sky, and a lot of other neat effects involved. The message was intentional and powerful.


The funny thing is that after the show, Julia was dead-set and determined on meeting Jesus as soon as possible. I thought it was interesting that she wasn't caught up on meeting Santa, the toy princess, the angels or the much-loved ballerina. She really wanted to meet Jesus. I tried to explain to her that the man playing Jesus was an actor, but I'm pretty sure my explanations fell on deaf ears.

We went out of the sanctuary doors, looking forward to meeting some characters. We met some of the angels, and other characters, including the toy princess. But, Julia was still most excited to meet Jesus. Finally, we found where Jesus was located. When Julia saw him she shouted his name in excitement and ran up to him to hug his legs. When he picked her up for a hug around the neck and a picture, Julia gave him a peck right on the cheek. "Jesus" was overjoyed at her enthusiasm for him. It was super sweet.

Here's to hoping all of us are as excited as Julia to meet Jesus this Christmas season!! Love, Amber

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, please tell Julia that her Mimi and Papa love Jesus too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Even brought tears to my eyes. I gotta blog about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the mouths of babes! If we could all have that determination to seek out Jesus!! What a wonderful example for all of us!
    Thank you for being the kind of parents who raise our Grandchildren in a wonderful, Christian home. We love you all!
    christie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOSH!! This is so precious. I love it. Melt my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The man who played Jesus is so sweet. I would totally expect him to react like that. I love that she was seeking Jesus out. Love it!

    ReplyDelete