Monday, September 12, 2011

Birthday Dave

Dave turns 32 tomorrow. It is so weird. I distinctly remember when my mom turned 32. For some reason, I learned that Michael Jackson and Madonna are the same age my mom is. I have no idea why that stuck with me. It's just one of those things, I guess...But, this blog isn't about my mom turning 32; this is about my husband. Woah! That's different.

For Dave's birthday, the girls and I plan to celebrate him as much as possible and love on him through out the day, and I am excited to do so. I am excited because Dave is a great man! I don't talk about him a ton on my blog, but that's not because he isn't important, it's probably because he is graciously taking care of something mundane and not "blog worthy". In the last few years, Dave and I have learned so much about each other, and I think we are continuing to grow in such neat ways. In every milestone, I have watched Dave change into the man he is today. And, I am proud of him. When Dave and I were very new parents, Dave was so supportive of me, and desired to be such a good dad.

Example:
Dave: "Amber, we have to start getting Julia to sleep through the night. I want to make sure she gets enough sleep."
Me: "Dave, She's only 4 days old."
Dave: "Right. Ok."

Dave loves our girls so much. It is a joy to watch. When Julia was only 2 months old, he asked me when we were going to start trying for more kids. I laughed when I thought he was joking and was appalled when I realized he wasn't. But the fact was, Dave loved Julia, and wanted to continue to spread the love.

After Lydia was born, things got pretty hectic, and Dave's urgency for more kids subsided, but someday, we plan to have more. (Dave certainly loves Lydia just as much as Julia.) I know that when we do, Dave will continue be beside me to discipline and love on our future kids as much or more as he has been there for me with  Julia and Lydia.

After moving to Houston, Dave and I grew even closer. I was totally depressed (and Dave was scared) but he was there for me to comfort me with his kindness and leadership. It was such a blessing. I will be forever grateful.

Just in the last year, since I started working part-time, Dave has really started helping with dishes, laundry, vaccumming and even some cooking. He decided that our bread machine was sitting dormant for way to long, so he pulled it out, and started baking. We haven't bought bread in weeks. Amazing, right? --He also decided to try his hand at making hummus, and it's really delicious. Yeah for that!

So, this blog is a tribute to Dave for his birthday. I know it's super sappy, but sometimes you just have to go there, you know? And, I wanted to sit and think about how my husband has changed in the last decade. There's been so much improvement that I can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring!! Woohoo! So, without further ado, Happy Birthday Dave!!! Love, Amber

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my darling! I'm so grateful for your love and support. I couldn't make it in this world without you. You are my heart and my breath. I love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete