Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Decor

Two weeks or so ago, Dave pulled my box of fall decorations out for me. I don't have that many decorations, but, I love what I have all the same.
Wanna see a few pictures?


Huge Fall Plate
 I have a huge turkey platter that is probably meant to be used for none other than good ole' Thanksgiving turkey meat. (I'm sure I purchased this at Hobby Lobby after the holiday some year.) Anyway, I love this plate, and would love to display it, but it would take a pretty hefty duty plate holder to do the job and a nice tall space to place it. I don't know if it would fit above my counter tops, but it would above my fridge. I'm worried though that it would fall over when we actually opened or closed the fridge doors....so that won't work either. The last few years this turkey has been sitting on my countertops, looking huge and in the way. Any suggestions?
Melted Candle
 This is my melted candle that I am thinking of putting on my back porch. The "fall" sun is still so intense here, that the candle may just re-melt and go back to a semi-normal state. It's already caddy-wompus-- what could that little expirement hurt?
Sad fall wreath
 When I made this wreath, I didn't have my girlies around yet. I remember making it though, thinking about how interesting the little heads of wheat were. I actually remember picturing myself with some future kiddos of mine while schooling them on grain and wheat. I'm still gonna do this someday....right after I fix this sad little wreath. It was pretty at one time...
2010 Fall Project
This is the last bit of fall decor I will present to you today. These are pumpkins that the girls crafted last year. Lydia's says: Thank you God for God.
Julia's says: Thank you God for elephants because I only like Christmas.
It still cracks me up.

Well, these little fall items are not all the decorations I have, but I thought they were the best ones to show you. :) I also have some pretty little ceramic pumpkins, some hand-painted pilgrims, and a fun cornucopia centerpiece that are actually very pretty. Those just didn't seem as interesting, though. Hopefully I'll make time to pull out a hurricane vase and make it up really pretty with some unmelted candles and some candy corn...but you just never know.

Happy Fall, Ya'll! -Amber

2 comments:

  1. Cute I think your wreath is so pretty. I want to learn how to make one. Could you put your platter on the table like a centerpeice with pumpkins/gourds on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could hang your plate on the wall with a wall hanging plate holder? There's my only idea. Sorry. Pretty Plate though.

    ReplyDelete