Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Texas Times

What's going on in the suburbs of Houston, Texas in early September? Heat. It has cooled off to the lower 90's this week. And, I'm not gonna lie, I think it feels great! (I guess I'm adapting to this crazy weather afterall. The girl in me who was once sweltering in Anchorage, Alaska because it barely reached the high 70's is evaporating.) Ten degrees really does make a huge difference. (I'm trying to ignore the fact that the rest of the nation is much cooler.)
But, honestly, the temperature of the outdoors is not my main concern. The heat that is most discouraging to me is the heat that is coming from the fires that have destroyed over 1400 homes in South Texas. How devastating would it be to get a knock on your door telling you that you need to evacuate your home because fire is on the way? Lord, please send rain!
As the girls and I drove from our neighborhood into Sugar Land on Thursday, I saw and smelled the smoke. It dawned on me a few seconds afterwards where the smoke was coming from--the wildfires. Yikes!
I'll say it again, please Lord, send rain!
Blessings and love to you all! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment