Thursday, May 22, 2014

Our New Home

First of all- sorry about the banner and blog title not matching up. I plan to fix it. But, until then, I don't really want to talk about it. :/

So on to the real purpose of this post...

Here are a few pictures of our new house:

When we bought this house, it had no fireplace. I don't really know why they would build a home in North Dakota without one, so we decided to have one put in.  

Our new fireplace with it's new paint color. I hadn't finished cutting in yet when I took the pic, but I love the way the fireplace turned out. 
Beautiful fireplace with the itty bitty T.V.
 We put the bigger T.V. in our basement. This little T.V. actually doesn't seem so tiny when in use, but it does look hilariously little in this picture.
My brother in law reminded me of this episode when he was helping us mount our little telly.
---So. Funny.

Here is the semi-finished fireplace complete with Jen from the Little Couple.
 We plan to mount the cable box inconspicuously above television to make it look better, and make some room for stockings in a few months.

Outside of our new home before we moved in

I love our new front door. It has a springy flower wreath on it now. 

I love the craftsman style

This is how our upstairs living room looked pre-fireplace

Our kitchen. I love it. I just wish it had twice the cabinet space.

Our deck off the back

Our dining room

Another View of the kitchen

We will seed our back and front yard soon. Our back yard is actually huge...it just looks smallish here.

This our basement living area. I love that our basement still has regular sized windows.
There are two bedrooms upstairs and two downstairs. Our girls have the downstairs rooms, and our room and the guest bedroom is upstairs. We have learned that the basement stays about 10 degrees cooler than the upstairs rooms, and we are trying to make adjustments accordingly. We will definitely be ordering heaters for their rooms before fall comes.

We are loving our new home. After things are all unpacked, I will try and get a few more pics added.

Thanks for checking in and putting up with me while I add boring posts while watching Psych at the same time.

Blessings, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment